Welcome to baking soda 101: uses for baking soda you may never have heard of. Read on and you’ll understand why I order baking soda 12 pounds at a time – because there are so many cool baking soda uses!
This all started because of this post: What Do You Get When You Mix 12 Pounds of Baking Soda with 2 Gallons of Vinegar?
Enquiring minds wanted to know why I needed to order baking soda in 12-pound packages. The answer is below, along with lots of other uses for baking soda.
While I will be posting various useful and nifty baking soda uses, I hope that you will add to the list!
To start with, and to answer everybody’s question – why do I need twelve pounds of baking soda…
1. Goats need it in their diet. And they love it. Seriously, they eat it straight. It’s at once both adorable and disgusting.
2. For that same reason, baking soda is a great scouring powder for the cement patio where your goats hang out. It’s a non-toxic and goat-yummy alternative to Ajax or Comet.
3. Mix a little in with your shampoo once or twice a week to remove all of that waxy build-up.
4. Mix a little in with your toothpaste once or twice a week, or even daily, to boost the power of your toothpaste, and for kissing-sweet breath.
5. Use as a gentle exfolient on your face.
6. Use to dowse electrical or chemical fires.
7. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup to your laundry.
8. Use to wash produce.
9. (Your tip here)